Hi I'm Shannon! I'm 18 years old.
A lot of the stuff I reblog here are from my favorite TV shows, movies, books, etc.
Ever since I was a little kid, like eight or nine, I could sort of control things with my mind.
(Source: helldean, via meag-han-solo)
So I saw a post on how American Apparel markets unisex clothing, but I couldn’t actually find a unisex section on their website. I did however notice this. The sweatshirts one is particularly illuminating.
Selling men’s clothes to men, and selling women’s bodies to… ?
American Apparel is really fucking horrible for many, many reasons, but here’s another example.
American Apparel’s advertising is a PERFECT example of the way that we sell products to men through advertisements and sell women’s bodies to men even though they’re being used in advertisements for women’s products. It’s a fantastic example of how the female body is treated differently than the male body, how it’s seen as intrinsically sexual, and how this is totally normalized within our culture. To be clear: i’m not saying there’s anything wrong with women’s bodies being sexual, or women being seen as sexual beings. We are sexual beings! What I am saying is that there’s something deeply problematic when that sexualizing is only happening for women, and when that sexuality turns into objectification through a male gaze. To illustrate, here’s a screencap from the AA homepage right now:
because a picture of a woman’s ass that she is spreading with her fingers and the slogan ‘get wet’ is not an objectification of women’s bodies for the male gaze AT ALL, and we would totally see these types of images and ads for male swimsuits too! -________-
Yeah, if you’re still spending your money there, stop.
So lets review:
- One of the main stars on Glee
- Went on tour 2 times (for about 6 weeks)
- Winner of several awards including a Golden Globe
- Has written a movie
- Starred in the movie that he had written
- Wrote a Disney screenplay
- Wrote ‘The Land Of Stories’
- Did a booktour
- Is in the process of writing the sequel to TLOS
- Wrote a book adaption for SBL
- Is a New York Times bestselling author
- Is 22 years old
- Looks like this:
(Source: flirty-duets-and-coffee-dates, via tardistacular)
1/1475 older »
• Accidentally close a tab? Ctrl+Shift+T reopens it.
• Bananas release dopamine, eat them when you’re sad.
• CTRL+SHIFT+ESC is the one handed version of CTRL+ALT+DEL
• Don’t brush your teeth hard, it makes them sensitive and removes enamel.
• Don’t like spiders? Put citronella oil on your walls and they will not go there.
• Drink one glass of water for every alcoholic drink you have, you’ll get drunk without getting a hangover.
• Get clear ice cubes by boiling water before freezing it
• Heal paper cuts and immediately stop the pain with chapstick.
• If you accidentally write on your dry erase board with a permanent marker, scribble over it with a dry eraser marker to remove it.
• If your shoes smell, put them in the freezer overnight, it will kill the bacteria.
• Make bug bites stop itching with a banana peel.
• Make a paper longer with 12-point text, but 14-point periods and commas.
• Need to get around a blocked website at work? Try replacing the http:// with https://
• Never send your resume as a word file (unless asked) Instead, save it to a pdf file, it’s much cleaner and professional looking.
• Pick a flavor of gum you don’t normally chew, and chew it while studying during a test.
• Place a piece of bread in a container with your homemade cookies and they will stay soft.
• Put a dry towel into a dryer with wet clothes, they will dry faster.
• Put toothpaste on a pimple and it will dry out.
• Practise fake smiling in the mirror every day before going to work/school, you’ll genuinely start to feel happier.
• Rub canola/olive oil on knives before cutting onions, you won’t cry, alternatively chew gum and you won’t either.
• Short on time with a wrinkled dress shirt? Hang it up in the bathroom while showering to steam it flat.
• The night before, place things you don’t want to forget the next morning on top of your shoes.
• Use hydrogen peroxide to remove blood stains from clothing.
• When cleaning windows use newspapers or coffee filters instead of paper towels, they will not leave streaks.
• When microwaving bread products/pizza put a glass of water in with it, it will keep your bread from going spongy.
• When you move into a new place you’re renting, take pictures of any and all damage, then post them on facebook (privately if preferred) so you can use the reference date as proof you didn’t do it.
• When searching plane tickets online delete your cookies prior, prices go up when you visit a site multiple times.